Improving your Facebook ads performance from surviving to thriving ads will be one of the best things that will happen to your business, it is one of the most used marketing strategies for many brands in the past few years.
However, Apple upgraded its iOS to version 14.5 earlier this year now also to people who are asking what will happen to cookies across the web in a few years, as this poised a big limit to Facebook, Instagram, and other ads.
One question is how does your business survive this new takeover by this new digital marketing limitation that is coming and keep the same energy for ROAS and CPA and won’t lose my market?
Well, I will teach you how to get the best return on investment ROI in 2022 from your Facebook ad campaign with the following tips below.
- A review of the biggest shakeups from 2020 and 2021
- How to improve Facebook ads in 2022
- Three tactics working right now (along with examples of their most successful ads from 2021 – with metrics)
Table of Contents
#1. A Review of Facebook Advertising in 2020-2021
2020 and 2021 were some of the most unpredictable years for marketers since the recession of 2018. If you look closely, you’ll probably feel like you were the leading character in the latest binge-worthy Netflix series with Apple and COVID-19 as the motivators.
Let’s look at both and examine what this means to Facebook advertising:
How COVID-19 Impacts Ads
The world saw a significant decrease in Facebook advertising costs during the coronavirus outbreak, beginning in March 2020 which was a 100% drop in many industries.
In industries, these lowered ad costs meant all-time highs in ROAS and revenue yet for other industries, the revenue and ROI added up.
So depending on what industry you’re in, the COVID pandemic may have helped or hurt your advertising efforts, but be rest assured, costs have begun to level out despite the presence of variants and threats of further lockdowns.
Tip: If you’re in an industry that continues to see volatility in ad costs and buyer behaviour, do your best to forecast for 2022 with your customers, your government, and data from the past two years in mind.
iOS 14.5 Updates
Not to be anticipated for that long Apple rolled out iOS 14.5 version and this was a big blow to Facebook as this update will significantly affect it in the following ways.
- Targeting: So many companies will lose their custom audience due to the limitations of iOS 14 on privacy.
Some businesses will see or might have seen a reduction in their retargeting lists go down by 50% or even more.
- Reporting: With the new Apple version 14 iOS businesses don’t have the ability to measure the performance of their ad and now they are posed with the stress of estimating their Facebook ads and aggregating data, they could do it with certainty in the like the past years.
Targeting audiences is getting stiff as even google chrome has announced it will be removing all third-party cookies, making it more difficult to target precise audiences and track ads results.
This update has made it, mandatory for all advertisers to follow the new train, regardless of the industry which you operate your business under.
To deal with this privacy limitation of iOS and google cookies, you need to understand and get familiar with them for your Facebook ads to still thrive and follow Facebook’s prompts to limit its limitation on your ads.
Note: If you rely heavily on third-party cookies, be ready for even smaller custom audiences in 2022 and later years.
#2. How to Improve Facebook Ads Performance in 2022
These new updates have caused a breakdown in the minds of other business owners but, some have shifted their ad spending to other channels, well many still invest in Facebook ads with little or probably no knowledge of how the system is working in 2022.
eMarketer predicted Facebook ad revenues to go up the highest an all-time high in 2022.
To still have a green advertising experience on Facebook;
Get Familiar with iOS 14.5
To still have a better ads experience on Facebook, you need to get familiar with how this Apple’s iOS 14.5 update works and what it will cause to your business ads.
- Read about the iOS 14 Update: don’t be left out on what is going to limit your Facebook ads, make sure you read the Facebook’s update on iOS 14 and understand it vividly
- Follow Facebook’s Lead: before you run Facebook ads, they normally prompt you to verify your domain, add event setup, and update conversion events.
Diversify Your Ads and Experiment
The best way to remain in the limelight is to increase your visibility and diversify your ad experiences with different ad features.
This can be achieved by testing different types of ads and getting certain which one works best for your business.
A lot is changing about marketing and advertising for both buyers and sellers so is necessary to know what is happening in the new era of business adverting to be ab and know what not to do to be able to go well with this trend.
Below are the different ads types which good features to try on your Facebook,
- Messenger Ads
- Video Ads
- Instant Experience Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Reel Ads
Adverting goes beyond the ad features given, I recommend that you should test new messaging, creativity, and a new targeted audience with your ads for a better experience.
#3. Tactics for Facebook Ads 2022
According to brew interactive which recently published Facebook advertising data, this data was rolled out in 2021 from Facebook’s best-performing ads then.
They showed that about $1.5 million was spent on certain ads and the advertiser got about 1 billion impressions from the budget.
Some of the other key details they rolled out are
During this period some users care about their revenue more than transparent news, a lot of internet users want to be assured of genuine and transparent news not just for knowledge but for integrity.
A lot of people are now looking for where to get their hands on legitimate content to back up their claims.
To be sincere, when people notice you bring legit information and data, it is very difficult for you to be overlooked.
Below is the Hitachi Asia, after they brought to their audience impressive stats around their world-class, ultra-high-speed elevator which got over 3k engagements, but more a noticeable was the increase in CTR of about 28%.
Before you start an ad campaign on any platform just like Facebook make sure you build on creativity to be able to catch your audience’s attention easily.
For a good ROI, you will also have to invest in creating graphics for a better end result.
Just like Brew Interactive created custom artwork for this ad from SUSE Asia, and paid off with almost 6k likes and a CTR of 21%.
Telling a good storey keeps you on top of the game, ads of people who tend to be narrating precisely what happened to tend to interest people more.
Benefits of Stories to your ads in 2022:
- Resonate: they travel better among audience more than any other ads e.g. sales ads.
- Appealing: despite the location or ethnicity of the audience, they tend to connect with appealing stories of your business.
- Change your customers thinking. Proper marketing stories will eventually change the mood of your customers about your business and certainly promote your product or service, which at the end of the day brings you glory and the customers becomes the hero of your good work.
Nikon Asia used a photographer’s story and showed his work to an audience as shown in the image below, it received about 17k reactions and a CTR of 18%.
Move to thriving ads with Confidence in 2022
First the Covid 19 pandemic limited business especially the ones which operated under the volatile industries, then the Apple’s 14 iOS versions and google cooking which is all focusing on internet users’ privacy causing a limitation to Facebook ads reach.
Now to advertise with confidence on Facebook despite all these factors in 2022.
- Know the industry of your business and forecast a better further with amendments to suit your business interest.
- Use the best possible strategy, and test run the best ad features for your business.
- Understand what Facebook needs you to do amidst the iOS 14 update and google cookies update to get a better result for your ads